Hacking RR

Shao Sean shaosean at wehostmacs.com
Sun Nov 12 07:04:44 EST 2006

> However, there doesn't seem to be a way to
> deterministically figure out which card in the Properties stack will
> correspond to the current card/stack/etc.

Actually there is.. We gleaned the following code from out of the Rev
IDE for use in the Languages Library we're currently working on and use
it in our own code

put line 1 of revPropertyPalettes(the selectedObjects) into tPaletteName
if (tPaletteName is EMPTY) then     -- stack
   put revPropertyPalettes(the long name of the topStack) into
tPaletteName
end if

The first line gets a list of palettes associated with the
selectedObjects (can be one or more items selected).
The second line states if the list of palettes returned is empty, that
means a stack was selected. (the selectedObjects is empty when a stack
is selected)
The third line is repeat of the first line, except we're explicitly
asking about the topStack.

For whatever reason Rev uses an object's name instead of it's id (the
merits of using one or the other have been discussed in the past)

Hope that helps,
-Sean