audio file handling

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sun Nov 12 02:04:56 EST 2006

Recently, Phil Davis wrote:

> I have a ton of audio files (.WAV and .AIF) I want to examine in Rev, discover
> which ones were created with the wrong settings (sampling rate, frequency
> range, etc), and re-render & export them with different settings. (don't
> laugh!)
>
> So this is really two questions:
>
> 1) Is there a way in Rev to get that kind of info about a file?

I'm not sure what you mean by "wrong" (wrong for Rev perhaps?) but Mark
Smith created a great audio waveform stack that I believe returns data about
WAVs and AIFs.  Try here:
http://www.futility.co.uk/futsoft/audiowaveform.html

> 2) Once I discover which files created wrong, is there a way I can export them
> from Rev with different settings?

I don't think so.  You might be better off with an audio tool that does
batch conversion and simply run all the files.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design