Linux and RR: starting the ball rolling

Richmond Mathewson geradamas at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 11 12:16:03 EST 2006

Bill Marriott: Fantastic!

I work with machines using Ubuntu 5.04 - I would like
to change over to Xubuntu 6.10 but cannot because my
stacks can only work with AIFF, AU or WAV files: none
of which sit very comfortably on -buntu 6.10 (the only
reason I cling to 5.04 is that it allows me to play
external AIFF files.

So, could the set of sound formats that RR can play be
expanded?

OGG, Flac, Speex for starters ???

And, of course, the ability to play videoClips "out of
the box" under Linux.

that would make me pay the money for 2.7.5 double
quick!

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

"Its time to do Philosophy and stop worrying about what dead men said."
                                                                                           Mathewson 2006