Clipboard Anomally [BUG]?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Nov 10 15:44:46 EST 2006

Mark MacKenzie wrote:
> I need to be able to do this as well, for a registration stack
> function.  I have awful trouble with the copy and paste function
> (to/from clipboard) not working as it should.  You have described it
> perfectly.

One thing you might have to do is add a pasteKey handler to the dialog
card. In my app, there are not yet any menus loaded when the initial
registration window appears, so there is no automatic editing
capabilities. I don't need copying, but I did need pasting, so I added
this to the card:

on pasteKey
  put the clipboardData["text"] into fld "myRegField"
end pasteKey

Or you might want to use "the selectedfield" if you allow pasting to any
field. If you do need the ability to copy, take a look at "copyKey" in
the docs and write a handler to catch that message too.

Adding the pasteKey handler got it working for me on all platforms,
except that on Windows it works only some of the time.