Rev's Icon & Similarities to the "R" language???

Dave dave at looktowindward.com
Fri Nov 10 06:00:52 EST 2006

Hi,

Look interesting! Have you seen the "Icon" Language? In my opinion if
you could implement some of the features from Icon (or "R") into
TranScript language would open the doors to all kinds of cool stuff.
The problem with most of these other "cool" languages is that it's
*REALLY* difficult to implement a reasonable GUI whereas RunRev/
TranScript is fantastic at GUI handling but lacks any good pattern
matching or generation functions.

I have half developed a interface between SNOBOL4 and RunRev which is
pretty cool and allows you to do some REALLY powerful stuff.

All the Best
Dave