Group margin

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Nov 9 22:30:42 EST 2006

Peter T. Evensen wrote:
> Is there a way to adjust the group?  I have some grouped controls and I
> made the width of the group smaller than the width of the items and
> added a horizontal scroll bar.  The problem is that there is a several
> pixels margin on the left and right, so that the scroll bar is wider
> than it needs to be and when I scroll all the way to the left, the
> objects are several pixels too far to the right.
>
> I tried adjusting the leftmargin, but that doesn't seem to have any
> effect.  I set it to 0, and I still have the blank space on the left.
> Although if I set the leftmargin to -4 then it has no space on the left.

Make sure the group's boundingrect is set to empty. Then open the group
for editing (you don't have to change anything, but you might want to
jiggle an object or two) and then stop editing it. It sounds like the
group's boundaries may be off, and doing this might force a reset of the
edges. I seem to remember having this same problem a few years ago and
that's how I fixed it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com