Rev_rant

Dan Shafer revolutionary.dan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 00:26:22 EST 2006

As the folks on this list who know me understand quite well, I work with a
number of different tool sets depending on the problem I'm trying to solve,
the deployment environment called for, and other variables.

For the problems for which it is the appropriate solution -- and the size of
that set is quite large -- nothing I use is  more efficient or effective
than Revolution. Period. End of story. Even taken in the abstract, it is
easily in the top two or three languages/tools I use for my software
development.

As Josh says, there is no such thing as bug-free non-trivial software (my
twist on his observation). But when all is said and done, Rev and Transcript
are closer to an ideal environment in which to develop cross-platform
desktop applications with minimal pain and fuss and attention to
cross-platform implementation details than anything else I use.