INterfacing with Phidgets...

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Sat Nov 4 12:58:13 EST 2006

Hey, this thing is cool...

Well, they support all platforms and give away the API..
they made it work with RealBasic, Java, .Net, etc.
If you're on a mac and the project demands this device, create an
external..or have it made, then sell it as a product to others, or
back to the Phidgets people.

One limitation would be the number of usb hubs needed on large
systems. I would select a LAN based device rather than USB. Lan based
systems can easily be accessed through sockets commands in Rev.

   Phidget20.msi
This includes the COM Library, C API Library, .NET Library, and the
PhidgetWebService. Adds a program to your system tray where you can
configure you PhidgetWebService and check usefull diagnostic
information.

  Phidget Mac OSX Framework
Java JNI library, and the PhidgetWebService, as well as Cocoa
examples for each Phidget, Max/MSP externals, and RealBASIC examples.

Requires: MacOS X 10.3.9 or higher. Supports both PPC and Intel based macs.

Last Revision Date: March 27, 2006
Version: 1.0.6 | Filesize: 4.23 MB
Added on: 04-Oct-2005 | Downloads: 1167

--