INterfacing with Phidgets...

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at adelphia.net
Sat Nov 4 11:05:59 EST 2006

Dear Rob,

FYI - There are other controllers out there that will work better
from within Revolution. But, wIth out writing your own API for use in
Rev ( You might have a problem with USB commands if Serial commands
are not available) you might try to use the Phidgets API for
PhidgetWebService from within Rev. It is not the best possible
solution but should work since Rev is fully capable in communicating
via the web and the Phidgets are fully capable of being controlled
via web protocols. From what I can see you can embed the web service
commands in a Rev wrapper and just execute them from your interface
within Rev.

Let us know how it turns out.

Tom

On Nov 4, 2006, at 4:33 AM, Beynon, Rob wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> I wonder, from those who understand such things, how one would make
> Revolution talk to phidgets (http://www.phidgets.com/index.php), which
> are essentially little USB sensors/controllers etc. There are a whole
> set of libraries available, but I wonder which is the route of least
> resistance? I asked about a CLI, but there are reasons why this will
> never happen, so talking to phidgets through shell commands won't
> work.
>

> Advance thanks
>
> Rob

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at adelphia.net

412-831-3094
220 Drake Road
Bethel Park, PA 15102

<*)) >=<
arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather
to skid in sideways - a Cigar in one hand - a large steak in the
other - your body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming
- WOO HOO! What a Ride!"