INterfacing with Phidgets...

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 04:41:04 EST 2006

> I wonder, from those who understand such things, how one would make
> Revolution talk to phidgets (http://www.phidgets.com/index.php), which
> are essentially little USB sensors/controllers etc. There are a whole
> set of libraries available, but I wonder which is the route of least
> resistance? I asked about a CLI, but there are reasons why this will
> never happen, so talking to phidgets through shell commands won't work.

While Rev makes it easy to interface with similar serial devices, it
provides no routines for taking to a USB device, so I don't think this
is going to work directly. If a shell command can't work, then the
only other option (if you are on a Mac) is if they offer an
AppleScript scripting addition.

If you are looking for an alternative, I use Weeder modules
<http://www.weedtech.com/> for this sort of thing, and they work very
well. I use a Mac with an FTDI USB-serial adapter.

Cheers,
Sarah