[ANN] Splitter Bar Object 1.0.0

Bernard Devlin revolution at knowledgeworks.plus.com
Fri Nov 3 04:09:07 EST 2006

Hi Shaosean,

Thanks for this widget.  I was just thinking I would need to develop
something like this for a project I'm working on.

Whilst I was at your site, I downloaded the other widgets - some nice
ones there too (I can see the filter field being useful).

However, when I looked at the calendar and time widgets I noticed
some strange things.

With the calendar widget, I notice that once a day has been selected
and it appears as items in the data field, whenever one changes to a
new month or year using the widget, that is also copied to the data
field.  I can see that might well be intended behaviour - I can see
that as a developer one might well have a requirement to accumulate a
list of dates in the data field.  But it just seems strange to me
that whatever day is selected in e.g. December is then automatically
selected (and copied) if one moves back one month to November.  I
would assume that the day would be de-selected when one changed month/
year (or at least that it was not copied across to the data field -
even if the day number remained selected - until the user clicked
that day number again if they wanted it).

With the time widget I found quite a few bugs (I'm on a Powerbook
with Mac OS X 10.4.8 using Rev 2.7.4).  It worked for a few changes
of the time, but switching between 24/12 hours would produce
impossible times to appear (and consequent error messages) e.g. I
managed to get "-14:05" and "115.02" (even when it is in 12hr mode).

If you cannot reproduce these things, then let me know and I will
write detailed instructions on how I manage to generate the errors.

Regards

Bernard