Getting data prepped for database entry.

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 2 19:02:29 EST 2006

> You could use;
>
> if item x of Mylist is not a number and item x of Mylist is not a date then
>   do the string bits...
>

> JC

Check the archives to see recent posts on the use of 'is not a date'.  This
is not a reliable check, even though it sounds like it.

perhaps use a try structure to trap ....
try
   convert theVar to dateItems
catch errorValue
   answer "something is not a date here.."&& errorValue
  --take appropriate action... add ' marks
end try

Jim Ault
Las Vegas