Link text style -- bug or feature ?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu Nov 2 18:34:26 EST 2006

Hi,

First of all, I wonder why one would set the textStyle of an entire
field to link? I would handle the mouseUp message instead. This may
be my own personal view, but it is easier because you can modify a
smaller amount of properties to make it work, it also gives you more
freedom to alter something afterwards.

The docs say about linkClicked: "Sent when the user clicks grouped
text." If you set the style of a field to "bold" and enter text, the
text looks bold, but it isn't. If you request for its style by
entering "put the textStyle of char 1 of fld 1" in the message box,
you should get an empty value returned.

When you click on a text, Revolution doesn't check the textStyle of
the field but the textStyle of the text. Since the textStyle is
empty, the linkClicked message is not sent.

I understand that everybody who doesn't agree will say it is far-
fetched, but I think this is a valid explantion and thus I doubt this
is a bug. Then again, I probably wouldn't mind if this behaviour were
changed, because I won't set the textStyle of a field to link anyway.

Best regards,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk