Having problems with numberformat....

Dar Scott dsc at swcp.com
Thu Nov 2 17:57:49 EST 2006

On Nov 2, 2006, at 3:17 PM, David Bovill wrote:

>    put it & empty

> I think this is a bug - no?

Yes.

But this might be understandable.

It looks as though 'put it' will not (always) apply numberFormat and
'it & empty' will.  (BTW, the latter is a common way to force
numberFormat in computation, so you are on the right track.)

It looks as though 'put x' is compiled somewhat like an ordinary
command and the number is passed as a parameter without number
formatting as would be the case with most commands.  The message box
is partially implemented in scripts.  I'm afraid I don't know how
what gets compiled gets translated to some field in a stack.

Does 'put it into msg' work?

Dar