Droplet app with AppleEvent

Zax zax at tripoy.com
Thu Nov 2 09:15:00 EST 2006

Yeahhh, it works ! Thanks Mark :)

After I have studied your sample stack, it appears that my handler "on
openStack" was - for an unknown raison - stopping the appleEvent process.

So, to make your app react like a droplet, the following script works:

Mark Schonewille-3 wrote:

> The script in the stack script of that stack is:
>
> on appleEvent theClass,theEvent,theSender
>    put theClass & return & theEvent & return & theSender & return &
> return into myData
>    request appleEvent data
>    put it after myData
>    put myData into fld 1
> end appleEvent

Now, more difficult: ;)
When I drop a text file onto my app icon, this file's path is stored, ready
to be processed.
Let's say my add can perform several processes on this text file:
a - replace all "m" by "n" in this file
b - replace all "U" by "u" in this file
c - another process defined by users...

Is there a way to *dynamically" create a droplet for each process (a and b),
in order to directly start a process when a text file is dropped onto a
droplet?
Of course, this involve to know how a droplet is made... and I really don't
know. Is it a kind of file containing an applescript command line (in my
example: tell myApp to perform process b) and with a special file type?