formatting data

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 1 18:20:18 EST 2006

On 11/1/06 2:43 PM, "Robert Mann" <robmann at gp-racing.com> wrote:

> I have 2 columns of fields with many rows much like a excel speed sheet, I
> have data in row one C1R1, C2R1(6, 25), no data in rows 2 and 3, data in row
> 4 C1R4, C2,R4(4, 26) data in row 5 C1R5, C2R5 (3, 22),
> how would I format this data into one continuous column such as
> 6  25
> 4  26
> 3  22

> I have 2 columns of fields with many rows much like a excel speed sheet

Robert, does this mean one field contains
6, 25
,
,
4, 26
3, 22
--or ------------
6, 25

4, 26
3, 22

--or ------------
fld 1   fld 2
6             25

4             26
3             22

---------------- ???

If it is the first one then

filter field "excelData" without ",*"
filter field "excelData" without empty
replace comma with space in field "excelData"

If the second one then
filter field "excelData" without empty
replace space with empty in field "excelData"
replace comma with space in field "excelData"

Let me know if you are doing something different than 1 or 2

Jim Ault
Las Vegas