The fileName: When using it in scripts, how to avoid modifiying it for each user ?

André.Bisseret Andre.Bisseret at inria.fr
Wed Nov 1 11:30:07 EST 2006

Hi,
I have an app a substack of which is a model. This model is clone in
ordre to create other stacks. These created stacks  are main stacks
(not substacks) because they are populated with data which have to be
saved. They are accumulated in a folder (say « theFolder »).

So, for each created stack, I must set its fileName in order to place
it into « theFolder » ; also I must use the fileName in order to be
able to re-open on such stack from «theFolder ». (in each of these
cases, if I simpy use the stack name, that does not work).

Ex : stack « /Users/user’name/desktop/theFolder/oneStackName »

My problem arises when I want to give my app to another user who will
use it with stackRunner (or as a standalone if I save it under this
form) :
then, in several scripts I must change the fileName ; specifically ,
or even « desktop/theFolder », depending on where the user want to
put this folder).

If I want several users get my app., this change becomes
unacceptable (even not possible).

Is it a way to get rid of this constraint ?

Thanks for any help

Best regards from Grenoble
André