Detecting Window's Maximize Window Click

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Wed May 31 09:58:14 EDT 2006

Hi Ken,

>>> Actually this doesn't work on Windows, Rob
>>
>> It looks like it's working fine here (WinXP TPC Edition 2005).
>
> Well, I tried it on Win XP Pro SP 2 with this code:
>
>     on resizeStack newWidth,newHeight,oldWidth,oldHeight
>         if newWidth = oldWidth and newHeight = oldHeight then
>           put "Maximized"
>         else
>           put newWidth,newHeight,oldWidth,oldHeight
>         end if
>      end resizeStack
>
> it never put "maximized"... it always put the sizes in the message
> box, and
> the numbers I get are something like:
>
>   1280,934,256,256
>
> so it's obvious that there's no match going on...

Looking more closely at what's going on here it appears you are correct.

What I'm seeing with an empty stack and your script is that clicking on
the Maximize Box reverses the width & height of the stack on WinXP.

This is _not_ the response I get when clicking the Maximize Box on MS
applications like WordPad & NotePad: in those cases the Window grows to
full screen size or shrinks back to "normal" size.

So is there a bug in Rev's Maximize Box logic for Windows?  It
certainly seems so to moi...especially since the behavior on MacOS is
different.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company