sql execution

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Tue May 30 23:07:03 EDT 2006

On 5/30/06, Robert Sneidar <bobs at twft.com> wrote:

> insert into VP2000.APACCT99 values ('','11010-','System Checking
> Account','21010-','20010-','   10104','19990620','')
>
> I get an error saying "Commands out of sync;  You can't run this
> command now" but I can paste the same syntax into an SQL utility
> program and it works.

This just confirms that the above statement is correct and that your problem
lies with a previous statement. By using the SQL utility you are just
opening a new client connection to the server, so it is free to handle your
request.

Basically what you are looking for is a command that is still 'running'. Try
running the previous Rev SQL command in your SQL utility, if it takes 'a
while'* to run then this is where the problem lies.

*'a while' will greatly depend on what happens between the two Rev SQL calls
- if they are 'on after the other' then 'a while' will be a couple of
milliseconds, if you have a massive repeat loop, the 'a while' could be a
couple of seconds.

A simple solution could be to insert a 'wait 10 seconds' prior to your Rev
SQL insert statement. If this works then it will be a matter of figuring out
a more efficient time to wait. If it doesn't work, then it suggests that the
previous call takes a very long time to run, or might be an 'infinite loop'
kind of thing.

HTH