extract every code out of stack

Claus Dreischer claus at dreischer.de
Tue May 30 14:38:43 EDT 2006

>Hi Claus,

Hi Mark,

>Sure, you could extract every script of every object, but that will
>probably not solve the problem. The actual problem is that you need
>to get aware of the message hierarchy.

THIS must be the main problem ;-)

It was my understanding, that the preOpenStack message is only sent
to the (sub)stack that is going to open, not that it's going to the
(main)stack that triggered the opening of the (sub)stack too (and all
other substacks without an own preOpenStack handler).

>Start by moving the preOpenStack handler of the main stack to the
>card script of the first card of that stack. When you open the main
>stack now, the preOpenStack handler in the card script will run, but
>if you open a substack, it will not.

Works.
Thanks!

So, again, the problem was sitting in front of the screen ...   X-)

>Best,
>
>Mark

Regards,
	Claus.