sql execution

Robert Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Tue May 30 11:05:49 EDT 2006

I have successfully used revdb_execute() to create tables and index
them. Now I want to insert records but am having difficulty. I try to
send the following syntax:

insert into VP2000.APACCT99 values ('','11010-','System Checking
Account','21010-','20010-','   10104','19990620','')

I get an error saying "Commands out of sync;  You can't run this
command now" but I can paste the same syntax into an SQL utility
program and it works.

I am at a loss to understand how this works. Do I need to create a
cursor first? What if I want to insert all new records at the end of
the tables? I think what I need is a pre-defined methodology for
doing basic SQL stuff. I have perused the help stack and I simply
cannot determine what I am expected to do.

Thanks for any help. I will be attending the conference and so hope
to learn a lot there.

Bob Sneidar
IT Manager
Logos Management