Copies of your app running on the local net

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Mon May 29 08:24:22 EDT 2006

Hello Paul,

reply 1) Yes, you can broadcast a UDP request and make all copies on
the network send (part of) their serial number to compare them with
the serial number of the newly opened copy of your application.

reply 2) Yes, you can use USER$ on some platforms, but not all. You
can also use MAC address, label of the hard disk, IP address and
other characteristics. However, I will never buy software that
requires me to provide information like this, because I know it will
be a hassle to install the software on a new machine. Besides, there
is a hack for each protection measure which makes it difficult to
decide how much to invest in protection.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 29-mei-2006, om 13:59 heeft Paul Claude het volgende geschreven: