Linux installation

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Sun May 28 20:35:12 EDT 2006

On 5/28/06 3:34 PM, "Bob Warren" <bobwarren at howsoft.com> wrote:

> After getting the above working, I need to get it to save the system
> paths mentioned in the last e-mail instead of the lines "nameline",
> "addressline" and "phoneline". I also need to find out how to execute
> this on prog startup (followed by an immediate quit) rather than putting
> it into e.g. a button's mouseUp handler.

Here's the RB code to write the data to the text file:

  Dim dtFolder,aSupFolder,prefsFolder,outputFile as FolderItem
  Dim fileStream as TextOutputStream

  dtFolder=DesktopFolder
  aSupFolder = ApplicationSupportFolder
  prefsFolder = PreferencesFolder
  outputFile = GetSaveFolderItem(FileTypes1.Text,"text_saved_by_rb.txt")
  fileStream = outputFile.CreateTextFile
  fileStream.WriteLine dtFolder.AbsolutePath
  fileStream.WriteLine aSupFolder.AbsolutePath
  fileStream.WriteLine prefsFolder.AbsolutePath
  fileStream.Close

If you make this into an executable, you can run it with the launch command
(I believe) and then I'd insert a pause for 1/2 second or so, and then
verify the file is there and then read from it.

HTH,

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/