Linux and AudioClips

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Sun May 28 19:43:08 EDT 2006

Richmond,

Interesting and useful. Thanks. I'm interested that you use AIFF files. I thought these were more Mac specific. Have you tried AU files?

>I run a small EFL school in Bulgaria with Pentium 3s running Ubuntu and using RR programs made by myself. These programs use externally referenced AIFF files which were slowed down (!!!) to half-speed on MAC so that they play 'normally' with RR in Ubuntu.

This was the final situation I arrived at after a hell of a lot of false starts with sound, RR and Linux: not least the quite considerable abuse I recieved on the Ubuntu use-lists when I suggested that AIFF files had to be slowed down to half speed.

Embedded AIFF files also have to be slowed down.