Players and Long Filenames

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Fri May 26 18:35:36 EDT 2006

Garrett Hylltun wrote:

> I appreciate this.  But this isn't a mission critical task.  It was
> just  a whim.  I've been wanting a simple drag and drop MP3 player for
> when I rip my cd's.  Just wanted to be able to drag the new mp3 and
> drop it on a player and have it play so I could make sure the song was
> ripped properly.
>
> I have looked for a simple drag and drop mp3 player for OS X, but only
> found one, but it runs from the dock and I didn't want a dock app.
>
> I'd use iTunes, but iTunes is too much for a simple task of just
> playing an mp3.  It's great for managing my iPod or managing
> playlists.  But ya can't just drop a song and go without iTunes adding
> it to the library.

OK, it's not actually drag-n-drop, but you could just right-click / Open
With ... / QT Player
One extra mouse action (plus you need to hit the space bar to make it play.)

You might even be able to set the default action for mp3 to be play with
QT Player - but that's beyond my level of Mac knowledge ...