audio file volume levels

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri May 26 14:06:43 EDT 2006

You might look for an audio editor that has batch processing features.

The process you desire is called 'Normalizing' and will adjust the
peaks to be at 100% (or whatever level you want).

Of course this process does modify the sound - and of course the
low-level noise  that is there.. so be careful, if used to the
extreme it can sound crunchy (those lower level bits don't
regenerate, they just hang there...ha!)

Cross platform Audacity is free. But there doesn't seem to be any
batch features.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Sound Studio for the Mac is great and really easy to use, however no
batch features.

BabaBatch is incredible and coverts everything to everything but is pricey.

Quicktime Pro might even do this....perhaps you can do it all in Rev
using Applescripts... you need to find an Audiounits plugin that will
normalize.

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o