Disable combo box menu item?

Judy Perry jperryl at ecs.fullerton.edu
Thu May 25 20:08:24 EDT 2006

Hi,

I'm not understanding this.  I've got a pulldown menu button with style
set to "combo box".  I manually disable one of its contents by using the
inspector and typing a "(" next to the content name in particular.

For all other multiple-option button types, doing this disables the
particular button/menu option.  But for the combo box, it simply shows an
enabled-state menu item that looks like this:  "(Vodka"

Why?

And another thing:  I just had a student turn in a (sorry looking) file in
which he saw fit to use, oh, say 5 or 6 DEFAULT buttons on the same
screen.  (actually, both examples are from this student's project)

Default buttons disabled via the message box report disabled behavior but
the buttons do not sport disabled visual appearances (well, one does and
the other is Mac OS X blue, but I'd swear it's a lighter blue; definitely
throbs, though).

Any ideas?  I'm on Mac OS 10.3.9 and using Rev 2.7 build 192.

Thanks!

Judy