How Do I Preposition A Modal Stack

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue May 23 11:37:35 EDT 2006

Hi All,

I spent more time than I should have trying to get a modal stack to
open in different positions depending on the selected line in a list
field.

It's very annoying (not to mention puzzling) to see

	set the top of stack "Number Keypad" to (the top of stack
"Example")+linePosition
	modal stack "Number Keypad"

leave the stack centered on the screen, when typing

	set the top of stack "Number Keypad" to (the top of stack
"Example")+400

works from the Message Box.

Eventually I discovered that similar logic works when opening the stack
in any non-modal form (ie: if I change the example to

	set the top of stack "Number Keypad" to (the top of stack
"Example")+linePosition
	modeless stack "Number Keypad"

), the stack opens where I want it to.

What must I do to open a modal stack at a specific (non-centered)
position?

This is on WinXP TPC Edition 2005 and RR v2.7.1.

Rob Cozens
CCW, Serendipity Software Company