Visual effects to scroll up a field?

Jim Ault JimAultWins at yahoo.com
Sat May 20 11:33:26 EDT 2006

Quick suggestion about '
>can be applied to JUST A PART of a window -
put the scrolling field in a subStack (of the same size as the field) and
position it over the main stack (now functioning as a background)

Further, you could use windowShape to mask the text field, then smoothly
move the text field up or down under the mask, creating a scroll effect and
not require the unsightly scroll bars.  Now that the field is static text,
you could add visual components to the margin, etc to enhance the message.

This could lead to two independent sub stacks that could function
side-by-side and provide 'chapter' or 'heading' scroll.

You might want to look at the excellent
windowlab.rev  stack by Scott Rossi downloadable from www.tactilemedia.com
Fast, easy windowshape examples that might answer your interface needs.

Jim Ault
Las Vegas