2.7.1 annoying window thing

Thomas McCarthy tominjapan at excite.com
Sat May 20 09:51:56 EDT 2006

I decided to start using 2.7.1 because the ".1" number at the end hinted that most of the bugs were out.

Has anyone noticed this? I have a window, not a pallet, but it's decoration is set to minimize and close box. Now in 2.7.1, other stacks open up _behind_ this window-- even the answer dialogue! I was able to overcome regular stacks opening up behind it by using a kluge (open the stack and then go to it), but the ask/answer dialogue???? I ask you! Is there some property I need to set or may have set inadvertently (this did happen in 2.6)

Also, 2.7.1 was _supposed_ to be backward compatible, but the one stack that I tried to save in a compatable format couldn't be opened in 2.6.1 (in fact, it caused a crash, I believe). This wouldn't bother me, BUT we can't at the moment build Mac classic apps in 2.7--since I'm targeting educational markets, I assume there are still a lot of labs running in classic mode. [not to mention that my app doesn't do anything that an older machine can't handle!]

argh.