database access bandwidth: PHP vs. Revolution

Stephen Barncard stephenREVOLUTION at barncard.com
Fri May 19 14:02:21 EDT 2006

The database features of Rev are very fast. Although I am not totally
conversant of all that goes on inside RevDB itself (as I use Trevor's
DB abstraction library to make RevDB easier to implement), or what
code you saw that looped but I know that using that library I can get
back the data as an array, or a block of binary or text, or as a
single character. No looping required. SQL calls are very powerful
and you can tell it to format the data any way you want before it
hits Rev. You could easily make an SQL terminal in rev in about an
hour. Others here (Sarah?) have made some excellent RevDB demo stacks
you can use right away.

--
stephen barncard
s a n  f r a n c i s c o