How do I put Toolbox objects into a table control?

Josh Mellicker josh at dvcreators.net
Fri May 19 13:59:14 EDT 2006

It seems that every project I want to do has a scrolling group of
individual subgroups with various controls, each subgroup
representing one "record" in a database.

Since my routines for copying and repositioning a single "template"
group over and over are slow, this morning I was thinking of this
approach:

1. Create a scrolling group of 100 subgroups, make it invisible, this
is the template

2. Copy that whole master template group, then populate the groups
one at a time in a loop, making the subgroups visible as you go

3. (Then delete the unused ones?)

This seems like it would be way faster than copying and repositioning
each subgroup for each record since the subgroups already exist, and
just need the data plugged in.

When the list needed to be redrawn, you would just delete the whole
big group, then repeat the process.

This is a beginner talking, I'm sure others have figured out vastly
brilliant ways to handle this.