regEx to remove spaces ?

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Thu May 18 04:54:17 EDT 2006

Hi Alex,

You're right about the additional assumptions, although one might
call the function within another repeat loop for each line, if each
pair of quotes is in one single line. As other solutions have shown,
one may also replace the return with a unique string before calling
this function.

As to the spaces, one will not want to apply any of the available
solutions, if the number of characters of the new string needs to be
equal to the number of characters of the old string and normally you
don't want to have 2 spaces subsequently. It is possible, though, to
apply another correction, by adding spaces as necessary. Also,
starting and trailing spaces of the entire text would have to be
added. All other spaces are included in the new string.

Best,

Mark

--

Economy-x-Talk
Consultancy and Software Engineering

www.salery.biz/salery.html

Op 17-mei-2006, om 17:47 heeft Alex Tweedly het volgende geschreven: