bug in set the printColors?

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Wed May 17 17:21:49 EDT 2006

Hi,

I asked about this on the forum, but didn't get any reaction.

Since then, I've replicated the phenomenon on other stacks. It's
starting to seem like it's a bug, but I hate to report a bug without
comparing notes with more experienced users. So many
newbie-indentified bugs turn out to be newbie mistakes.

I didn't find anything about it in bugzilla.

*********************

This little issue has been vexing me for some time.

I have a stack consisting of one large card, intended to print onto
an 8.5 X 11 inch form. When it's ready to print, it looks fine on the
screen.

If I print it from the print command in the file menu, it prints
okay, except it doesn't print in the right place on the page, because
I haven't set the margins and the print rect.

Normally, I print with the following simple scrpt:

open printing with dialog
set the printColors to false
set printMargins to 0,0,0,0
print card from 21,21 to 654,754
close printing

The first time I print the card with this script, the area defined by
the print rect gets a uniform light-gray mist printed over it. If I
don't change anything, and run the same script again, it works fine
until I quit RR and start again. Then the problem occurs again, once.

I have replicated this problem on other stacks. I'm on 2.7.1 and OS
X. I think it existed on previous versions of RR.

I've made sure all the colors on the card, stack, and all the fields
are set to white.

I tried running the script from the msg box while watching the
message watcher, and I've also traced the usual script with the
debugger. No handler appears to be contributing to this issue.

"set the printcolors to false" appears to be the offending line. As
far as I can tell, the issue goes away if I remove it. I could get
along without it, but it has some convenient features.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Tim