New launch document command

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri May 12 15:05:32 EDT 2006

Is anyone having problems with the new "launch document" command? It
seems to work fine for me, but a client running Mac OS 10.4.6 says he
gets a system-wide crash which also resets all his preferences to defaults.

When he uses this form of the file path he does not crash, although no
document is launched and nothing happens:

   /Benutzer/username/file.doc

Note that he is on a non-English system. I thought that might be the
problem, so I suggested this, which also works fine for me:

   ~/file.doc

Using this form, he says he crashes with disasterous results. I hate to
ask anyone to mess up their system, but has anyone on a non-English
system seen anything similar?

I also suspect his path may not be correct, I'm checking into that. But
the crash is no good regardless.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com