Cool online example stacks?

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Wed May 10 19:17:39 EDT 2006

Dear Revolutionaries,

Next week I, along with another member of this list, am giving a
presentation/demo of web-enabled sofware produced with Revolution at
the CALICO symposium. CALICO is a leading organization promoting the
use of computer-based language learning applications. (Its members
include many higher ed and K-12 language teachers, who are precisely
the kind of "inventive users" that Dan Shafer describes.) I'm going
to be demoing some of my recent projects, and making available a
"Learning Web" application to attendees. This is a minimal,
"launcher" application that will allow them to run web-based stacks
to see the possibilities of web-aware applications that are free of
the encumbrances of web browsers.

I would also like attendees to be able to examine other great stacks
that some of you have created. This seems like a great way to show
them the wide range of applications possible with Revolution. So, I
am seeking both suggestions and permission to give URLs of your best
web-based Rev stacks to these educators. The launcher app will only
run the stacks over the http protocol, and will not save them to the
local disk. I will only give out URLs with specific permission from
the authors.

So, Revvers, what do you want the world to see? URLs please. (Scott
Rossi, I'd especially love to show them some of the beautiful work
you've done.)

BTW, I'm a little new to this distributed model for running software,
so if any of you have any advice or cautions for me before I present
this in a public presentation I'd love to hear them.

(And, RunRev, I think I'm staying legal here. Please advise me if you
have concerns.)

Thanks in advance.

Devin Asay

Devin Asay