Fld text vertical alignment - fld animation

Bob Earp rjearp at hotmail.com
Wed May 10 12:58:54 EDT 2006

I have a group of flds that I'm using as a menu with a simple animation that grows the size of text when rolled over, and shrinks the size of text (back to the original) when the mouse leaves.  The problem is that the text does not stay vertically aligned in the fld, so the appearance is the text grows down rather than grows centered.

I can kluge the size of the fld to make it look right, but..........

Any ideas ??

Script at the group is:

on mouseEnter
 set the defaultCursor to hand
 repeat with i = 1 to 4
  set the textSize of target to (the textSize of target + 1)
  wait for .02 seconds
 end repeat
 put flushEvents("all") into temp
end mouseEnter

on mouseLeave
 repeat with i = 1 to 4
  set the textSize of target to (the textSize of target - 1)
  wait for .02 seconds
 end repeat
 set the textSize of target to the ATT_defaultSize of target
 set the defaultCursor to arrow
 put flushEvents("all") into temp
end mouseLeave

Tnx, Bob...