QT files and standalones

Dr. Robert E. Ball reball at redshift.com
Tue May 9 19:42:12 EDT 2006

To Sarah, Devin, Jean-Paul, and Peter -- thank you for spending your
valuable time showing me how to include external files, such as QT movies,
in OS standalones. RunRev should have a sample script on this topic readily
available, but the pdf user manual doesn't even cover external files yet --
there is a place holder, but no text.

I had no trouble creating a standalone for Windows that played my QT movies.
However, I couldn't create an OS standalone that would play them; hence my
cry for help last week.

I finally discovered, after reading and rereading your messages and locating
the files and pointers in every possible location I could think of, that the
a correct procedure is really very easy -- once I understood which file was
the standalone 'application file'. It's the application package (or folder);
not the application file within the Contents/MacOS/ folders.

So, for me, the easiest, most straightforward procedure is to:

1) locate the external files in the same folder as the Rev IDE application;

2) set the external file locations in the program scripts using a path
relative to the 'application file';

3) build the standalone;

4) manually relocate the external files (thanks Devin for that suggestion --
I didn't realize I could do that) in the same folder as the standalone
'application file'.

Again, thank you for your help. Couldn't have done it without you.

Bob

---
Robert E. Ball, PhD
Distinguished Professor, Emeritus
Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics
Naval Postgraduate School
Monterey, California