How to stop tabbing

Todd Geist tg.lists at geistinteractive.com
Tue May 9 17:56:40 EDT 2006

On May 9, 2006, at 12:26 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Hi Todd,
>
> You should be able to shift-click on altFldHeader and designate it
> to show only 2 fields.

Thanks to Eric and Chip for getting me started.

I came up with the following script that does what I need.  I am
wondering if any of you can see anything wrong with it.  Did I miss
something?

Thanks

Todd

ON TabKey
     -- this is the column setting for altFldHeader
     --put the altNumCols of the group "altFldHeader" of card id 1002
of stack "Untitled 2" into tLastCol
     put the altNumCols of the group "altFldHeader" into tLastCol
     put item 2 of GetCell() into tCol
     IF tCol < tLastCol THEN pass TabKey
END TabKey

ON returnInField
     -- this is the column setting for altFldHeader
     put the altNumCols of the group "altFldHeader" into tLastCol
     put item 2 of GetCell() into tRow
     IF tRow = tLastCol THEN  pass returnInField
END returnInField

FUNCTION GetCell
     put the tabStops of me into tTabs
     put the left of me into tMyLeft
     put word two of the selectedLine of me into tRow
     put item 1 of the selectedLoc of me into tSelectedLoc
     put tSelectedLoc - tMyLeft into tLoc

     REPEAT with i = 1 to number of items in tTabs

         put item i of tTabs into tTab
         IF tLoc < tTab  THEN
             put i into tCol
             Exit REPEAT