The end of OS9 development

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue May 9 13:10:01 EDT 2006

Martin-

Tuesday, May 9, 2006, 12:00:30 AM, you wrote:

> So what exactly is the status of Revolution on OS9? Has there been an
> announcement about it? The Runrev Site does not advertise compatibility,
> however you can order RR Studio Classic from the Rev online shop. If
> anybody knows, could they please tell.

I don't have the inside word on anything, but the point of my original
posting is that CodeWarrior for the Mac is *dead* officially as of
last week. And since that's what the OS9 rev engine is built with, I
don't expect any future updates, and that would include the 2.7
builds. That in spite of the outdated notes on the web site - I rather
expect those to disappear soon as well. My guess would be that the
2.6.1 engine is the end of the line for OS9.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net