Enhancements in your opinion?

Bob Warren bobwarren at howsoft.com
Tue May 9 11:11:47 EDT 2006

Richard Gaskin wrote:

Maybe you can help.  While MC was born on UNIX, I'm pretty sure no one's
done anything to make it any smoother in specific Linux flavors.  But
it's an open source project now and maybe you could spare a moment to
help the dozen or so of us who maintain it become familiar with what's
needed.

The project is maintained through the MetaCard list:
<http://www.mail-archive.com/metacard%40lists.runrev.com/info.html>

Hope to see you there -

Thanks Richard!
But while I was waiting for an answer, I did a search on the Internet
and found what I wanted. I am now a member of the group, and, following
the clear instructions there, I now have the latest test version (MC IDE
v2.6b12) up and running under Ubuntu Linux! Of course, the proof of the
pudding is in the eating, so once I've had a chance to develop an
application or two under Ubuntu I'll be able to supply a bit more
feedback. At minimum, I'm hoping it will serve me well until a stable
version of Rev for Linux appears. However, I did install the latest MC
test version in preference to the previous MC stable version. We'll see
how stable it is in view of the fact that it necessarily uses the Rev
engine (I'm using 2.6.1). I am optimistic in view of the fact that while
Rev's Linux IDE problems are fairly severe, the engine seems to be OK.
Hang fire!

Regards,
Bob