The end of OS9 development

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue May 9 01:31:09 EDT 2006

Jeffrey-

Monday, May 8, 2006, 12:53:04 PM, you wrote:

> Sorry education tends to get the dirt kicked on it a lot and i just
> have to speak up when folks say the solution is for schools to just
> upgrade.

Back in the day, Apple had a fine subversive K12 educational program -
donate lots of computers into the schools, get the kids started
learning on them early. Now we have to rely on aid from Qatar.

But the upgrade from OS9 to OSX is getting harder now. The new intel
macs will not run Classic mode, short of a slow SheepShaver sort of
solution. (Whew - try saying that a couple of times fast) What this
means for the educational market is that a whole new batch of software
will have to be purchased at the same time as the hardware upgrade,
since the old OS9 programs won't run.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net