copy file on Mac

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Mon May 8 21:42:49 EDT 2006

Thanks to everyone who replied.

Let me get this right. You all are saying Macs _CAN'T LAUNCH A FILE
BASED UPON EXTENSION_ ?

I understood why this was in MacOS9, but you would think that would've
changed by now...it is 2006 and the OS is supposedly modern. Surely
there is a setting somewhere which manages all this? After all, we do
live in a world with more than one OS.

Or, do I need to create a lookup table and reset filetypes for each and
every file downloaded? How do all of you do this?

Thanks again for your comments!

-Chipp