Enhancements in your opinion?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon May 8 19:41:32 EDT 2006

Chipp Walters wrote:

 > Richard Gaskin wrote:
 >> There are also at least three other IDEs in the works, and to
 >> the best of my knowledge none of them alter custom properties.
 >
 > Constellation creates a custom property set. It's not as large
 > as the one in Rev. I've talked with Jerry about either creating
 > a 'clean stack' button, or adding the function into my altClean
 > plugin.

Custom props are certainly useful, but more so if the user knows what's
happening.

In the standalone builder I'm making it also uses a single custom
property, but before it's added it notifies the user and asks
permission, or lets the user save the metadata to a file.  For all
subsequent runs once the property has been added it no longer asks.

Not all circumstances allow such flexibility, but at least letting the
use know is a step in the right direction (and of course refraining from
all use of custom props where any alternative will work, such as
colorizing on the fly rather than cashing a huge htmlText version of the
script).

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal