How Computers Really Work: A Children's Guide

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Mon May 8 16:38:13 EDT 2006

My 2 euros worth, from Paris,

I also have been amazed at the ease with which
my kids (and my grand-kids !) hook up to the use
of computers. It makes some grown-ups look quite
silly.

But I have yet to meet a young person who can
work out a square root without using a calculator
(something I learned and never forgot !). They also
think that digital transmission sends zeros and ones !

And they don't spell so good either ....... !

Different needs - different tools - different aspects.

- Francis

"In the quantum world, what you see is what you
get and nothing is real.The best you can hope for
is a set of delusions that agree with one another".