revdb error: MUST be select SQL

Jan Schenkel janschenkel at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 13:11:30 EDT 2006

--- Ivan <ivan at internet-marketing-today.com> wrote:
> Hi Jan,
>
> Many thanks for the help - I'm still facing an issue
> with PRAGMA.
>
> I was actually trying to use libDatabase from Trevor
> DeVore, but my database
> insert was failing on libDB_addToTable.  In trying
> to get it to work, I
> isolated the problem to the revDataFromQuery call
> above.
>
> It seemed that the PRAGMA sql call was not working.
>
> I tried to use revExecuteSQL, but this only executes
> sql and does not return
> the table field information produced by PRAGMA
> table_info?
>
> I'm sure there is a simpler way to do this - but I'm
> still very new to the db
> calls in Rev.
>

> Thanks,
> Ivan

Hi Ivan,

While I'm sure Trevor will jump in with comments on
his excellent libDatabase, I thought I'd mention the
following link to the SQLite.org WIKI:
<http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=InformationSchema>

Basically, it shows how you can create a VIEW with the
database schema information, so you wouldn't need the
PRAGMA command.

Hope this helped,

Jan Schenkel.

Quartam Reports for Revolution