Standalone not accepting applescripts?

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Mon May 8 08:52:27 EDT 2006

On 5/8/06 6:48 AM, "Ton Kuypers" <tkuypers at dmp-int.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've created an app which sends applescripts to Adobe InDesign. To
> give the user a feedback of the status the script I send includes a
> "do script" to my app:
>
> tell application "myApplication"
>     do script "put " & quote & "Opening template..." & quote & " into
> fld Info of stack Main"
> END tell
>
> When I use this in the IDE, "myApplication" is "Revolution" and this
> works fine, but when creating a standalone it gives an error.
> When I try to run the script manually using Script Debugger, it gives
> the same error, when I look at the scripting dictionary of the
> standalone I found out that it is not scriptable...
>
> Am I missing something or is this a bug? And more important, is there
> a work-around?

It's a bug... Back in March, it was reported that Revolution itself wasn't
appearing to be scriptable, and it was because it was missing an
al-important "Revolution.rsrc" file that should have been in the bundle.
Apparently this has been fixed for Rev, but the Standalone Builder doesn't
know to move and modify a copy of this file into standalones.

Go into the bundle, and copy Contents/Resources/Revolution.rsrc into the
same place in the bundle of your standalone. Change the name of the .rsrc
file to match the name of your standalone (i.e. the same name as the
'engine' file, which is located in Contents/MacOS), and you should be good
to go.

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/