Popup problem under Windows

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Fri May 5 15:49:54 EDT 2006

Hi from Paris,

I have a strange phenomenon, and I've tried
everything to overcome it (three days !)

I use a popup menu to display a list of files
(to be played with a player). On my Mac, I click
on a button which contains a mouseUp handler
which contains a popup menu to show the list.
The list is displayed, I choose a name,  and the file
is played on the player. ....... "No Worries !"

On my PC (Windows XP), my popup menu is
not displayed (I seem to pass through with no
selection). No name is passed to my player which
then obviously fails. However, the popup menu has
been initialized with the list.

If I click on the popup menu button itself, I display
the correct menu contents. I can click on a file name,
and the menu disappears. From then on, when I
execute the mouseUp handler from my button, the
popup menu is displayed, and with no intervention
at all (at all) the file I selected in the menu is played!

All the popup menu parameters are correct (style is
"menu", menumode is "popup", mouseMenuButton is 0)

Strangely enough , I have other popup menus in the stack
which work perfectly on my PC, and when I compare
the menu initialization and the popup execution sequences,
they are identical, except of course, for the menu
contents.

Has anybody come up with any popup problems on a
PC such as these ?

Scripts available (off forum), for anyone who has nothing
to do this weekend ...........

-Francis

"Nothing should ever be done for the first time !"