Saving information with a standalone

FlexibleLearning at aol.com FlexibleLearning at aol.com
Fri May 5 12:08:06 EDT 2006

Hi Arthur,

As has already been explained here and with solutions,  you cannot save
changes to a standAlone program, either or a Mac or under  Windows with Rev. The
following, however, is good practice...

on  saveMe
save this stack
if the result is not empty then  answer the result
end saveMe

Saving the mainStack or any subStack  saves the whole thing. If the disk is
locked, or you do not have save  permissions, or (most likely for a standAlone)
the command cannot be executed,  your user will be advised accordingly.

Best regards

/H

-----
I guess I misunderstood something about Rev Standalones, so I'll ask
here to see where I went wrong. I was under the impression that if I
changed the value of a Custom Property of an object during run-time, the
new value was saved in the stack when the stack quit. This is most
certainly not happening for me, even though I issue a 'save' command on
exit. Did I miss something? Thanx!
-----