The QT player in a standalone

Dr. Robert E. Ball reball at redshift.com
Thu May 4 18:05:35 EDT 2006

I am unable to successfully develop a standalone (on a Mac with OS 10.4.6
using Rev 2.7.1) from a stack containing a QT player. The stack works fine
in the IDE and properly plays the video. No problems. However, when I try to
build a standalone, no matter where I put the external QT file, with the
appropriate location given in the Copy Files in the Standalone Application
Settings, the standalone builder either does not attach the file as part of
the application package, or even when it occasionally does attach it, the
app doesn't play it. (I couldn't make a standalone that worked correctly in
2.5.1 either.) I can't find any information/tutorial on how to do this
correctly.

I also tried playing the QT file as a videoClip, but the clip was centered
at 0,0, no matter where I tried to locate it, and only showed the lower
right quadrant of the video.

PS -- the pdf User Guide in the Documentation does not contain any
information on file naming etc in Chapter 9 -- it's missing. That's not
good.

--
Robert E. Ball, PhD
Distinguished Professor, Emeritus